Motor Vehicle Registration

Jefferson County's Department of Motor Vehicle Title and Registrations reviews and processes title applications, registrations and renewals, issues license plates, and handicapped placards for automobiles, trucks, recreation vehicles, mobile homes, motorcycles, boats and other special use vehicles as an agent of the State Department of Transportation.

What to bring with you to title/register your vehicle:

  • Your personal identification
  • Plate number, reminder notice, or old registration (helps determine which vehicle is being registered)
  • Cash, card (3% service charge will be added) or a check for payment of any applicable taxes and fees.

Current title and registration

  • If the vehicle has not been titled in your name, be sure the title has been signed over to you by the seller, and that you have a bill of sale from the seller. If the title is being held by a lienholder, bring the lienholder’s name and address and fax number for the title to be requested. If your title has been lost, you will need to apply for a duplicate title from the state of issuance.
  • If purchased by an Idaho dealer, bring in the pink application for Certificate of Title.

Out of State Vehicles

  • You will need a VIN inspection completed. Please bring the vehicle with you, if this has not been completed. If this has been completed, please bring the form that was filled out by the inspector.
    • This inspection can generally be performed by a deputy of either the Motor Vehicle Department or the County Sheriff’s Office.

Off Road Stickers for ATVs, UTVs & Motorbikes:

Off-Road vehicle renewal stickers for ATV’s, UTV’s, boats, and motorbikes are available at this location.