The mission of the Assessor's Office is to provide exceptional customer service to the constituents of Jefferson County by being prompt, efficient, professional, courteous, and providing accurate information. The Assessor’s Office strives to be fair and equitable with all tax assessed property values, both real and personal, while abiding by Idaho Statutes and the rules and guidelines outlined by the Idaho State Tax Commission and International Association of Assessing Officers.
Duties of the Assessor's Office
- Placing fair and equitable market value assessments on all taxable property, both real and personal within the county.
- Collection, documentation, and maintenance of all characteristics and descriptions of every parcel and structure in the county.
- Ascertaining and maintaining current ownership records of all property in the county.
- Mapping of property boundaries for each parcel in the county and platting of all newly created lots and subdivisions.
- Management and application of various exemptions and property tax relief programs, including the Homeowner’s Exemption, Property Tax Reduction Program, and the 100% Service-Connected Disabled Veterans Property Tax Reduction Program.
- Acting as an agent of the Idaho Transportation Department through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in titling and registration of vehicles.